Monday, February 18, 2008

Jealous vs Overjealous

Amazing how God gives you experiences (even those not so good ones) in order to help others who'd be in similar situations. And even though I've already transgressed so much, he continues to weave the inner linings of my life... and I can still feel him, in everyday of my life. Life will never be the same for my eyes have been opened to his grace and I give thanks to him.

We've just conquered another obstacle in our relationship and it's about Jealousy. One very serious matter, and a downfall of many relationships. And although I've not went through hell to overcome this issue, it helped me in my emotional maturity. Like a vaccine, though relatively light in amount and seriousness, it hardens me in order to be prepared for future and more serious attacks.

But right after solving this issue, a friend of mine texted telling me she needs to talk to me urgent. At first I didn't know what it was about so I tried to fish for general information. She said it's about her relationship. I don't want to be spoiled on "herstory" so I ended there. In a way when it comes to relationship problems, I want it to be surprised and personal. So I said I'll meet her at Starbucks after work, but of course I asked permission first from my special someone if it's okay. I don't want this to turn into something messy even though there's no ulterior motive, it can easily be interpreted as something else.

Anyway, so we rendezvoused at the coffee shop and there she poured everything. She didn't care if she cries in front of me, she told me how she loves the person she loves so much but she's being held prisoner (trust me the term is not an overstatement). Droplets of rain on the glass window would've been perfect, but that's just asking too much. Anyway, she told me how over-jealousy consumed their relationship and sometimes she thinks of getting out of the relationship because she can't stand what's happening and already fears it. Fear... I was shocked that fear was included, and I began to dig deeper on the reason and I found out that the person already threatened to kill himself if she leaves him. Talk about serious drama. Dealing with jealousy is hard enough, how much more if the person you're talking with points a kitchen knife... to himself. I became worried for her and for her special someone because of the guy's suicidal tendency. I already finished my cappuccino and my non-work is increasing (was still working, just went out of the office) but she was not finished yet, but it didn't matter because heart-felt stories are always worth listening to the first time around.

I've already applied the vaccine given to me, but her problem does not simply end there. Hope I can do something about it, but that's another blog. Maybe I'll post it someday, my plan for giving a helping hand because as much as I want them to learn and work this problem out on their own, together... i think this is already beyond her hands.