Friday, July 27, 2007

Unequally Yoked

If there's an epitome for it, you would be it.

When a woman who is alive in Christ disobediently binds herself to an unbeliever, it is the same as amputating a leg from a corpse, then surgically attaching that dead, decaying appendage to her living body. The leg will never regenerate. Instead, it will cause infection and spread disease and poison throughout her entire being. And, she will have to live with the consequences of that action for the rest of her physical life.
Source: http://www.marriagemissions.com/premarriage/why_God_forbids.php

Ouch, that hurts and will hurt all the more. It may feel so right and so good this time.

Tonight we had a get together for our common friend and you brought him along with you. He's an okay guy, maybe everything that woman should need except only for the fact that he's not a Christian, hello?! ring a bell? Why don't you let God use you to save him.

Our friends cannot believe what they were seeing, that I'm really over you even if it only happened 2 weeks ago, and she has the guts to bring her unbeliever in front of me. Haha! Well, they still do not believe I'm over you, I'll explain to them in due time.

Tonight I just saw a confused person, I repent for thinking that you are already lost. I offended you because of your little insecurities, which I didn't mean to do, but I forgot, Lord, she's really not secured in you and I am really dealing with a confused person and can't just joke my way into it. I already said sorry to God and to you for being dense.

It may be weeks, months, or even years before you wake-up from your fantasy, well maybe until the sufferings are heart-felt. Breaking that connection with you doesn't make me grow impatient anymore. I just lay it all to God, and use me whenever he can and not force my way into your life. But I don't know really if should still reply to your shallow texts and inquiry, but most of the time it serves as an entry point to say something about God, or am I just feeding your ego? Still asking God about it, if the reader of this entry has an advice for me, just text me, it will be very much appreciated.

On the side note, there is another new thing that happened to me this night. After the gimik, I went home, I had my keys but the maid hooked the lock that can only be unhooked inside the house. Only the maid is in the house and I can't wake her up no matter how hard I knock or slam the door! The entire neighborhood was literally awake except her. If there would have been a best "tulog-mantika" award, she would have won it! ... or maybe I would hahaha!

Guess what, for the first time in my entire life, I slept on the filthy and rugged floor outside our apartment. It should have been an aweful feeling, I should have been afraid because I was alone, but surprisingly, I enjoyed it and smiled while having my very quiet and alone time with Him in one of the most unusual situations of my life (if not the most). With my most uncomfortable position, my head was on the door, no cushioning, uneven, hard, rough and dusty surface, He was able to put me to sleep. In the midst of the circumstance, I was able to smile and find comfort in Him... a truly awesome thing that Christians share.

I just said some stuff to our maid this morning and forgave her. I should be actually thankful... Another new thing in my life, thank you my Lord.

On the not so far side note, she texted yesterday =) I appreciate it much, im much better now as a reply to what I did the other night which is in my previous blog entry.

Lord! I know you wouldn't give me someone who runs on impulses, does what she thinks is right even if you don't have a go signal, worse, if it's totally against your will. It's a big turn off to me. I have faith that you would give me someone who will love you more than she will ever love me, who is willing to surrender her pride, her situation, her everything to you even if it's very difficult to do so just to be in your purpose. We will push each other closer to you and fulfill your purpose together.