Monday, September 24, 2007

The Beginning

We are getting our lives straightened out, ironing out the curls, pruning the vines, walking the talk and stuff like that. This is just the beginning, I still got a big future ahead of me but I won't let it eat me again, like I won't let Manila eat me alive again. I've been inside the stomach of the enemy, and just when I'm in the brink of being digested and being molded into something yucky, I got my sword and use it to rip open the churning cage I was into.

Rather than the enemy taking over me, I will exercise my God-given authority to cast it away. I've been receiving many attacks lately, and I know I'm not the only one, even she's getting attacks too. We are laughing at the enemy and casting it away, it is all clear now, when we are with God, it's easy to filter what's right and what's not. But we are not taking this lightly because the enemy knows our weaknesses. The least I can do now is offer my life to God, may I be a pleasing sacrifice. I'm living a life with a desire to please God above anyone else.

On the side note, I had a very nice conversation with my mom. I'm amazed by what God is doing in her life, the revelations and the wisdom that He has given. How God has been so good because I thought she'd be paralyzed for life. She told me how she remembered me reading the bible for her, something she didn't get serious of until read verses while she was hanging on to her life. I'm encouraged how I'm having biblical conversations with my mother, and I'm amazed, shocked even that her wisdom is on the right track, she was talking about some principles in life and I ask her, Mama, did you read that somewhere in the bible (Knowing inside that there are verses that teach the same thing), and she said that she haven't read that part yet. She's telling me her accounts, her normal day to day life but to me they're testimonies of what God has done in her life. She told me that she stopped the party when she saw some of her friends doing dirty dancing (haha!), she told me about fleeing from temptation even though she haven't read it yet in the bible, she advised a married man to leave his mistress, and dig this, she had a talk with Che che lazaro, made che che realize that her faith is not sufficient. She's helping the poor, sometimes even preaching to the kids about God. Ang galing!

She told me when I read the bible to her during the night in the hospital on her third stroke, she had a revelation and a vision, and this changed her life forever. For me, these (healing and drawing near to God) are already miracles and I'm thankful and in awe of God's grace. This is another side note which is longer than the actual blog entry wehehe.