Saturday, September 1, 2007

Broken Piece of Glass

You came here tonight saying sorry again. We talked a little but I'm quite disappointed by your convictions. I thought you've changed or you already woke up but I guess I was wrong.

Earlier this week, I said to one of my friends at the office that I'm expecting two cases. First case: She'll say sorry just to say sorry but she's still with that guy and I'll watch her walk away. Second case: She'll say sorry but she already broke up with her guy and woke up, and she'll wait for me. So I prepared some emo songs. Either way, it won't really matter coz I'm having so much fun with my singlehood with God. I already accepted any case because no matter what, I'll still be single afterwards but I know already in my heart that it will be Case One so I chose the best emo song for me for Case One.

When she came I saw her face, still sad, and I thought to myself oh when will you ever wake up. She talked to me and said sorry. That's it, she just want to say sorry... and she told me some stuff about what's happening in her life.

She said that she tried breaking up with that guy and he just wouldn't accept it, so she decided to stay with him because he will stop training if he loses her and she said she doesn't want to cause any more chaos. My heart was not shocked anymore, I said, oh well Lord, she still chose that path. I told her everything I wanted to say, without the crappy forgiveness hindrance. I said to her,
I noticed that I've been too forgiving and in the process I haven't said what I really wanted to say. I've always said that you'll be okay and be fair to your love for your guy but this night I want you to tell something. If it's just me, I want you off him, I want you to be single and realize that your attachments will not keep you alive. Let go of them.

You said you don't want to cause any more chaos, but is that principle YOUR GOD? Why do you limit yourself because of that thought? Do not hinder yourself by what you think, but do not stop thinking either! Let God handle things for you. You said you don't want to chase after me anymore, then don't! There's still singlehood, hello? Are you afraid? Why can't you let go, why....

And you said stop! and we smiled at each other knowing that you're still you. You keep asking God for a way out, for your bf to break you and all... sigh, remove all the feelings, what we had, everything that connects us, and just see you as myself as a Christian, I am disappointed.

Tonight I watched you walk away under a lamp post. I quickly grabbed my music player and fulfilled the vision which God has given me. I listened to The Blues by Switchfoot as I saw your back getting farther and farther away until it diminished into the darkness of night. I stood there under that yellow light while the stars watched me stare at her. I walked the opposite direction and smiled to God. Lord, thank you for ending another spectacular movie event of my life. Tinding moment yun ah, with matching serenity of the night, lamp post, yellow light, and background music. I just felt God's holy spirit embraced me and whispered 'I am enough' as I walked home refreshed.

I'm shocked that I'm not sad anymore, and I need an emo song just to get in the right mood. It's a little bit tiring to see you like that again and again. Tonight, I won't think if I still love you or not because you didn't even come close to bringing out that wow in me.

It's a deadlock for us, and it will be a surprise to us if destiny still brings us back together. For you, you don't want to chase after me but you cannot wait. For me, I just want you to wait and I cannot pursue you now, coz right now, I have nothing to offer but singlehood.

I'm free and I don't have to endure her missing me or loving me messages. Thank you my God for opening a way for a new beginning. Tonight I let go of the thought that we'll be us again someday. I'll wait for who God has destined for me... I hope she's eagerly waiting for me too.

Even though I'm free, nothing has changed for me tonight, I'm still single. My officemate is eagerly waiting to see me break my convictions and just say to her, leave him and be my girlfriend just to easily end all of it. But no, God is telling me that I won't be happy with that path and the same thing will happen again.

I love God and that's enough for me, and the world cannot take it away... not even her. Good night for a long time. Crap, now I really need to get her to say goodbye to ma.