Monday, August 20, 2007

Mushy-ness

Embracing a weakness and turning it to strength is quite hard. It's like placing a burning charcoal into your hands and waiting for it to cool down which usually takes a long time. Of course, the usual thing to do is to drop it because you're going to get burned! But I realized that I don't have to let go of it, I just have to place it in God's hands and let Him hold it until it becomes my strength.

It surprises me that people suddenly confide, there was a time that I blocked them all off (during my drifting life), because it is a weakness, and I don't like weaknesses back then, I throw it all off instantly without even thinking. It's the guarding my heart thing again which went a little too far. I don't even know why they have the confidence to come to me, tell me their secrets, and pour down their depressions on me.

It blows my mind that even her, my you know what, is still confiding in me only after a few days/weeks after THE event, it's just not the norm to be the same person to comfort her!! Even people I don't know personally suddenly tell me their problems. I'm not complaining though, I thank God that they trust me. I've been a compilation of secrets of many people, and they know that I don't spill secrets if they explicitly tell me not to tell anyone. Well for one thing, I forget those secrets anyway, so it's safe in the back of my mind.

Most of them are women. My weakness. To give-in, to remain passive, to get carried away by emotions. I'm embracing my weakness and let God turn it to strength, and I won't let this hinder myself again to give them advice and to remain platonic.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
--2 Cor 12:9-10