Friday, August 3, 2007

My Sweet Dad

Never saw my dad this way, someone who cares, someone who listens, and gives timely advices. I just saw him as my provider and that was it.

Earlier, my father treated me for lunch. We ate some yummy and healthy sandwiches at Exchange Deli. He ordered carrot juice and roast beef in wheat bread, and I ordered some farmer's ham, fresh green salad, and iced tea.

We ate and we talked. We finished our lunched but our conversation was not yet complete so we went to Starbucks and ordered some coffee, and there we talked, talked and talked some more. I just enjoyed his company, enjoyed listening to his advice and his experience.

He said to me again that I should thank God that I knew her earlier in my life. Look on the bright side because if this would have happened later, if we were already married, the story would have been much much worse. He said that she's still not ready because she cannot wait and be there during the time that I needed her the most. He said that a person who can't wait and hold on to a relationship is not yet ready for marriage because one must turn selfishness to selflessness. In the same way I'm not ready for marriage because I have so much plans for myself that I cannot fulfill in a married life.

Funny that he asked me if she would return to me, would I still accept her even though the same thing could happen again. I was surprised that he answered his question for me and said, "Syempre, mahal mo parin sya eh." My father knows who I am. I explained to him that I am willing to be heart-broken over and over again for the one I love but I'm not dwelling on the thought that she would return to me because I want to move on with my life, but in the oddest event that she still does, I will but I'll make sure she's okay with God first.

He said I'm still young and this experience is a milestone for my maturity, he also said that the next time around, I can avoid the mistakes I did during my first relationship. She lost someone who could have loved her for the rest of her life and went on to try out a guy she barely knew, my dad said that this is not the way to go in a relationship. I was so sure that she was my first and last, but God has better plans for me.

I'm encouraged with my dad and what happened to me today. Yet again, God presented another something new in my life, that is to have a deep conversation with my dad which I never experienced. My dad trained me to be independent and in the process I thought he could never be there for me, but what happened today proved me wrong. I'm thankful for my father.


Why do I always have side notes? hehehe, these are semi blog entries that are too short to write in another blog, or not aligned with my current burst of emotions.

Anyway, on the side note, on my previous blog I mentioned in my side note that I shared Jesus to one of my officemates who needs God more than ever and I'm just encouraged by the seed that has been planted in him. Here is his latest blog entry:

Dear God... [03 Aug 200710:56pm]
I'm sorry, I'm lost.
I'd like to find the light that you've always gracefully shone upon me to find my way. I want you back in my life. Help me find the way. Help me find the courage.
I know, I'm a sinner.
Perhaps, more than I'd ever known and want to admit. I've been digging my own grave and I'm half buried in my own half truths, and whole lies. Help me forgive. Help me move on. Help me see the world the way You see it.
I've never been lucky, but I've been blessed. Thank you.
When there was despair, You've been my hope.
In all the hate, You've been my love.
In all the delirium, You've been my reality.
You've been there for me.
And I want to be here for you.
Now, and until the moment that I take my last breath...
I want it to be for You.


Teary eyed.... Thank you Lord for a work in progress. Let's help him find his way to You. During my drifting life, I developed doubts that you can use me to reach out to my officemates, that I'm not any better than them, that the industry and the life of professionals are just too hard to penetrate. Yes, it is very hard to preach if you don't practice it. I'm so sorry, I have no doubt this time, USE ME whenever you can, and I won't think twice to share your good news.