Thursday, August 9, 2007

Remarkably Crazy Morning

When circumstances come into my life, I’m often overpowered by worries, but to realize and believe without any doubt that my faith is in Him calms me and takes my worries away.

Bought an item in ebay and set our meeting at Ayala 8:15 AM. I woke up this morning, greeted God for a brand new and exciting day, and texted some peeps bout what I thought of this morning.

I got out of the house only at eight so I texted the seller, Bro, I’m gonna be late, let’s reset the meeting to 8:40. While riding the MRT, a friend texted me saying that she’s bored. I asked her why, and I was shocked by her reply:
Maybe I’m just tired of the routine, tired of work. I’m tired of aiming for something I don’t even know.
Lord, are you serious?! Talk about coincidence… first was my officemate, and now my friend. I felt the same way I felt for my officemate… compassion. But all of these are not a coincidence, she texted me for a reason, and I grabbed that opportunity and smiled to God, “galing mo talaga!” I told her my testimony, and encouraged her
This is a turning point in your life, the time to surrender to God and say, I’m tired of conforming to the pattern of the world. This is the time of your awakening. Your spirit is screaming for a new life and it’s only a decision away… (truncated)
I was already eating my breakfast at mcdo (Ayala MRT Station) alone and smiling while also waiting for the seller to arrive. I shared a prayer to my friend, and at the same time prayed for her. I told her to really mean that prayer with all her heart, mind, and soul.

She had no reply for a while, and I got worried that I might have sounded too religious to her so I texted her again, I’ll always be here for you. I hope I somehow eased your burden. She finally replied, You certainly did, I’m working and I’m crying. And I cried with her… imagine, I was alone in a fast food restaurant... crying but with a smile, thanking God that the seed is growing in her heart.

The seller texted me and apologized for being late, and said to look for a black Ford Focus. I thought to myself, You’re not really late, in fact you arrived just in time. Hehehe. I saw the car and got in it and to my surprise, the person I texted BRO is a SHE!!! So that’s why she always texted with a smiley. Pem was her name, she’s very nice and friendly. I got the item, had a little chat with her, and bid my farewell.

I’m already on my way to the MRT station to go to work and I put my hand in my pocket to reach for my cellphone and my heart skipped a beat because my phone!!! My phone was not there!!! I must have left it in her car! I tried to go back and looked for her but to no avail, and then I realized that my worries were a waste of effort because I have no doubt that God will return my phone back. It made me calm and put a smile back in my face, and headed to work… without my cell phone. Crazy? How can I be this calm? Even my officemate was more worried than I was.

When I reached my workplace, I borrowed one of my officemate’s cellphone and called my number. Pem answered the phone and my calmness was confirmed. Up to this night, I still don’t have my cellphone, I’ll get it back tomorrow morning. Yet another new experience for me, to leave my cellphone on a stranger’s car. This is the longest time I’ve been detached from my phone, it’s like a part of my body, but God is telling me not to be dependent on it and I didn’t think twice to surrender it to Him.

I never enjoyed singlehood this much.