Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wow Factor

God surprises me everyday.

Earlier my messenger status in the office was "Flesh is weak...", and it surprised me when a respectable higher-up messaged me. She is much older than me, in fact she's already married. I shared God to her, and prayed for her to read her bible, get to know God more, and for her family. Here is the excerpt...

[5:21 PM](her) hi (name)
[5:22 PM](her) just checking you lang po.. u ok? worried lang ako dahil sa jabber status mo..
[5:22 PM](her) sick po ba kayo or something?
[5:26 PM](me) ahahaha, talaga po.. ok lang po ako, just quoting a passage from the bible kasi may friend ako na nasa context ng verse na un
[5:27 PM](her) oh.. hahaha
[5:27 PM](her) kala ko po kasi literal
[5:27 PM](her) nakita ko nga po kayo reading the bible nung nasa province area ako.. nakakatuwa po kasi iilan na lang ang tulad mo
[5:27 PM](me) spirit is willing but the flesh is weak... aun po
[5:28 PM](me) ah talaga po... nako, non work po un, wahahaha...

[5:28 PM](her) yan din ang sinasabi ko pag niyaya ako sa jogging hahaha
[5:28 PM](her) ay .. ngek.. ok lang noh.. atleast non work mo is something good
[5:28 PM](me) ahehehe, thanks, kau po, nagbabasa rin po kau ng bible?
[5:28 PM](her) ahmmm... matagal na pong hindi
[5:29 PM](me) christian po kau?
[5:29 PM](her) opo..
[5:29 PM](her) same lang naman bible ng catholic at christian diba?
[5:29 PM](me) ahehe opo, as long as you believe in Jesus as your lord and saviour
[5:30 PM](her) oo naman
[5:30 PM](me) encourage ko lang po kau to read your bible, dami po revelations... NIV po ung gamit ko
[5:30 PM](her) ikaw, ever since po, lagi kang nagbabasa?
[5:30 PM](me) opo every morning and before I go to sleep
[5:31 PM](her) opo gusto ko din.. nasa tabi lang nga po ng bed ko ung bible .. kaso.. u know.. lots of excuses.. hay
[5:31 PM](me) agnostic po ako nun
[5:31 PM](her) wow.. talaga
[5:32 PM](her) tapos..
[5:32 PM](me) opo, i mean catholic po ako, and I know about God, pero I really don't know God...
[5:32 PM](her) tapos.. what made you search for the real Him?


(I Shared my testimony here)
(Will not post here to protect my identity)


[5:40 PM](her) pero (name).. ive heard several testimonials.. like reading a bible made them a better person.. pero im just wondering How...
[5:42 PM](me) it starts by believing first, and having a personal relationship with Him

[5:42 PM](me) sorry medyo religious
[5:43 PM](her) ngek.. no problem.. kasi alam mo.. before.. medyo religious din ako.. attending bible studies, mass.. pero after i got married.. hay nawala..
[5:43 PM](her) naconvert ako ng husband ko .. na sana ay ako ang magcoconvert sa kanya..
[5:43 PM](her) e gusto ko sana.. nasa center namin si God..
[5:44 PM](me) opo, sobrang sarap po ng feeling if a relationship is founded on God
[5:44 PM](her) pero diba.. grabe.. ang hirap syang inconvince
[5:44 PM](me) you mean your husband po?
[5:44 PM](her) opo..
[
5:45 PM](me) pano pong "mahirap" iconvince?

(Oh men, Lord! Help me, I'm not married yet, give me wisdom to counsel!)

(Will not post here, also to protect her identity)

[6:04 PM](her) hay naku (name), kakahiya po sayo.. i am supposed to give you an advise kasi i thought sick ka.. pero hahaha.. ikaw na po nagpapayo sa akin..

[6:05 PM](me) hehehe ok lang po un
[6:06 PM](her) naguilty ako
[6:06 PM](her) naguilty ako dahil ayun.. He's just there.. the bible's there.. pero seldom ko na lang binubuksan..
[6:07 PM](her) how do u read it po pala.. as in isa isa.. or u randomly pick one page?
[6:09 PM](me) (her) how do u read it po pala.. as in isa isa.. or u randomly pick one page? (-- I started in Mark and Luke

[6:14 PM](me) just want to share po... to believe and love God may seem very simple, pero when you read the bible, it's just not as plain as that po... it says there that faith without action is dead, there is also a passage saying, 'Why do you call me Lord Lord, and do not do what I say' , so aun po... to love God is to take delight in his commands, and not see it as duties, e.g. reading the bible, going to church, to pray etc. Dati po kasi I only pray to him when I needed something, or when sometimes pag may sobrang ngyari sa buhay ko...
[6:15 PM](her) very well said, (name)
[6:17 PM](me) aun po, I developed my quiet time with Him most of the time after reading the bible, kwentuhan lang po with God, ask him things, ask for advice about situtations and circumstances, eventually, when I do everything, I remember Him...

[6:31 PM](her) Alam mo.. dami kong natutunan dito sa conversation natin.. kahit short lang ..
[6:31 PM](her) isasapuso ko po ang mga sinabi mo
[6:31 PM](me) hehe, glad i've imparted something to you po... pag pray ko po yung family nyo esp your husband to wake-up hehehe, he will have his time


Whew! Lord really? I actually imparted something to a person much older than me? Great! Thank you for talking for me, hehehe.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
--1 Tim 4:12

On the side note, another person asked me bout falling in love in the context of God, because she doesn't know if what she is feeling is love or something else because she hasn't really fallen in love in her entire life yet. As much as I like to continue or write this to a full-blown blog, I cannot say any more, hehehe.

Another side note, I'm not disgusted by them anymore, I just feel compassionate. I will love unconditionally and selflessly. Hope you can see me as your friend.

Lord, thank you for giving me such experiences to minister and share what you have taught me. I'm excited for a deeper maturity in you my Lord. I'm honored that people trust me, may they see more of You in me.